Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Diversity using 6700 and Maestro; how to link slices

Can someone explain how to set this up using the Maestro as opposed to SmartSDR on Windows? Especially, how I do this and still have the RIT function, which must tune both slices together? This was trivial to do on my old FT-1000D with the optional 2nd RX module.

I only see extremely old posts on this topic here.

Rick N6RK

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

On the Maestro

• Turn on Diversity
    • Make sure you have your 2 divsity antennas selected that you want
    • For RIT, press and hold the Green RX button above the big VFO know
    • The Green RIT LED will light
    • Your VFO is now in RIT mode.
    • Clear the RIT by pressing in the VFO knob
    • Exit RIT by holding down the Green RX button and the Greel RIT LED goes dark

Answers

• Thanks Mike, a good start but I need more details:

When I push the "DIV" button, two new buttons appear to the right of it. "A" and "A DIV". It seems to default to selection "A", however I can alternately select "A DIV"? Please explain this choice. I am seeing blue ANT1 and ANT2 receive antennas, so that's a good sign. In the audio tab, the the DIV controls for slice A are no longer grayed out. Another good sign. I take it that I don't need two slices to make this work, hence "slice linking" is irrelevant. I see RIT works just like it always did.

Rick N6RK

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Rick

Yes, this consumes 2 slices.

You have A and A DIV so that you can control the different noise issues on each antenna. You are using 2 unique receivers, 1 on each SCU.

WNB, DAX, AGC, Audio Balance, NB, NR and ANF are set uniquely to each SCU/Antenna source.

If you look closely, you will see A's audio set all the way to the LEFT and A DIV set all the way to the right.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.