Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 After power outage

Options
Exactly what is supposed to happen to the 6400 after a power outage. I operate remotely, the radio is about 400 miles away, I have had a power outage and although my network is back up SmartLink is not offering my radio as an option in SmartSDR.

Best Answer

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Cyril, The radio does not automatically power back on after an outage. Do you have a remote switch set up to power your Flex on and off? If not, that should probably be a priority.

I have a cheap one with 4 ports that I got from Amazon that I can use with my cell phone. I use ports 1 - 3 to switch antennas and port 4 to power the radio (using the Remote On jack on the radio).

Mike, VA3MW has some excellent videos on the various things that he has done for reliable remote operation that you might want to watch if you haven't already.

• cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"insert":{"mention":{"name":"KD0GS","userID":10730476}}},{"insert":" Thanks for response. \nMy DC power supply would (i think) have come back on, and I imagine the radio power button is glowing orange. Sometimes, when I am local, I know I have to press the power button to have it turn on ( glowing green ). I think I expected SmartSDR to be able to ping the radio over IP and trigger the radio to turn on. \nCan you give me a link to remote switch you have - just so I can see what it is you are referring too. Right now I am imagining a power ****, but I think the radio will have power. In the meantime I will go track down the 6400 User Guide and see if it has examples of how to solve this. \n"}]
  • cyril
    cyril Member ✭✭
    Options
    @KD0RC OH! OK. Thanks for the lead. Let me see what I cook up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.