Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Touch Screen Issues

Lately when I turn on my Flex6400M the touch screen won't work and I have to shutdown and restart the rig. Sometimes I have to try several times to get it to work. I would say that it doesn't work 2 out of 3 times that I turn it on. I doesn't seem to matter if I turn the power supply off or leave it on. I'm running v3.2.39 and Windows 11 (it was doing it with Windows 10 also). Anyone else esperiencing this behavior?

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I have had my front panel crash a few times, and had to do a front panel reset. Of course when the tablet crashes, it is non-responsive :-)

I suggest you put in a support ticket with Flex.

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021

My touch screen stopped working properly nine months after I received my new 6400M. (Related note: my ADC card crashed 9 days after delivery.) Rather then send the radio back for warranty repair, I decided to use it as a 6400 (no 'M'), connected to a laptop via wifi and SmartLink, and with the laptop connected to a large external monitor. Turns out I actually like it better this way. Nevertheless, very disappointing to have two significant failures within the first year of ownership.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.