Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to set up 4 multiple instances of WSJT-X on the FLEX-6600.

Options

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You might find that using SliceMaster is a bit quicker to setup and less confusing.

• Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry I was so confusing it is just the way I have been doing it for years I will look into Using SliceMaster but it can be confusing at times as well :-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

With WSJTx, you need to make 4 unique shortcuts using the command line switch, and that works fine as outlined in the WSJTx web page. You will also need to make 4 unique com ports in SmartSDR CAT, one for slices A, B, C, D and then assign them to each of the 4 unique copies of WSJTx.

With SliceMaster, you should only have to slick on the tabs and then the WSJTx button and they should start. Just make sure you have DAX RX channels assigned to each slice. Usually, 1 to A, 2 to B, etc. After that, it is plug and play and you don't need to assign all the RS232 ports to each slice.

GL

• Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭
    Options

Your right it seems to work easier with Slice-master. Is slice master still supported?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

You will have to ask the author. It is not a FlexRadio product.