Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300/6500/6700 fans for sale

Options
Doug Hall
Doug Hall Member ✭✭
edited October 2021 in The Flea Market

I have two fans that I ordered from K2CB back when he first put in an order for replacement Flex-6000 fans. I ordered these for my 6300 which I no longer own, so I'm offering them for sale. Two fans shipped CONUS for $50, which I think is a few bucks less than I paid, but I don't remember for sure.

Contact my callsign at arrl.net if you are interested. Not here.

Doug K4DSP

Comments

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    Options

Sold.

• Mike Krzystyniak
    Options

Maybe this is old news but I thought I would put this up here as an FYI or update to the 50 mm cooloing fan issues on the FLEX 6700.

Over the past 30 days or so, I had a couple fan speed failures and the applying oil trick only lasted a couple days this time. Opening up the radio the 50 mm fans were both showing signs of erratic rotation. I thought that they were no longer available but to my pleasant surprise Jameco has them, in stock. They are sans the molex connector but that is easily moved over from the old fan to the new one. I do not try to mess with the heatsink, instead just unscrew the old fan from the heatsink and **** in the new one. I think I'm good for another 5 years.

73 Mike K9MK

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mike Krzystyniak do you have the jameco product number?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options

What is the Part number on Jameco? If you wouldn't mind sharing it with the group that would be great.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike,

Since there are 2 different models of the 50mm fans can you also note whether whether the fan you found is the new one or original.

More about the different fans on my web page:

http://nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#FANs_

Thanks, Al / NN4ZZ

This discussion has been closed.