Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M and FT8

I’ll be using a 6400M and want to setup for FT4/8. The PC will be running WSJTX. What else is required at the PC end not counting something like Dimension4? Is the only cable required between PC and the Flex Ethernet? Is SmartSDR required? (I’m not interested in remote ops). Is there info somewhere on all the 6400M settings required?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the quick answer, Gayle! This will get me started. 73

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Bob:

You don't need SSDR, however, you need the Smart SDR DAX and Smart SDR CAT which are installed with/ SSDR on tour computer.

The best way to set up WSJT-X is to search You Tube and follow a video, there are several. The following video demonstrates the step by step set up of WSJT-X, the Flex DAX and the Flex CAT software packages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxageEY7-Pw

You can then control the 6400M with the front panel or SSDR or both if you have multi-flex.

You Tube has other video presentations which cover N1MM, FLDIGI, MMTTY and others.

Hope this gets you started, its not hard with the you tube stuff.

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.