Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does your 6600M (or 6400M) display keypad like to play "hide & seek"?

I've been having a persistent (software?) problem with the the display keypad view hiding itself instead of remaining viewable while attempting to update text fields such as Profiles. Touch the Profile field to enter text and the keypad at the bottom pops up then hides. Have to repeat numerous random times to try to get the keypad to remain so I can actually enter text. Any ideas?

Answers

• N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"I guess no one else is having this problem. Must be my radio. Time to open my first ticket for the 6600M. \n"}]
  • Same problem here with my 6400M, very occasionally the text input window will try to pop up but just not make it, I repeat until it does, I also use a cheap stylus which I find much better than my **** fingers.

73 Mike

• ...weird, I typed the word f a t and the comments appeared as **** - is this some kind of auto moderation thing?

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Just checked and my 6600M also does the same. You have to "catch it" just right to get the keypad to come up. I think it is just a foible of the internal software, and it does not really bother me as long as I am aware and can overcome it.

And yes, Mike, big brother is always watching!!

• N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭

I think it's safe to say that there is indeed some kind of software "bug" that needs to be fixed eventually. Flex, please review. Thanks!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Flex does not generally monitor this forum looking for issues (even though Mike, VA3MW does occasionally convert forum posts into helpdesk tickets). The best way to get action is if everyone having the problem submits a helpdesk ticket individually.

• N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭

Agree...thanks, Len. Hopefully Flex will see this and actually already knows about the issue.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Well, that was the point of submitting a ticket... If folks experiencing the problem all hope someone else submitted a ticket, Flex won't be aware or will assume it is a one-off problem.

• I found a video demonstrating a workaround for this issue. Basically instead of just tapping on the text field you want to change, tap and swipe just a bit.

https://youtu.be/f8t5CP_EYb4
  • N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭

Thank you. I will try this and report back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.