Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Copying slices

I wonder if it is possible to copy one slice profile to a second slice (i.e. you have slice A on 14.040 CW, filter 400Hz and would like to move quickly slice B to the same frequency and with the same setting). Did not find any reference on the SSDR manual...
Thanks for help.. best 73
Alessandro I2SVA

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Click on the "Split" button in the slice flag. It will open a second receiver, same mode and settings, but higher in frequency by an amount appropriate for the mode, e.g. 1 kHz higher on CW.

73, Craig KØCF

• Hi Graig,
    thanks for the explanation, that is fine (if you assume that only one panadapter is open), but does not fit my behaviour.
    Let me explain better: I have a 6400 (2 slices) and I am used to have always two panadapters open on 2 different bands (i.e. FT8 DIGU 14.074 and FT8 DIGU 21074). The two slices feed two WSJT-X instances and I am happy to listen to two different band, etc. :-)
    Now assume that you see a nice CW (or SSB) spot, where the DX station is working split. You now click the DX spot and the active slice change frequency and mode; by using your suggested solution, you have to close the second panadapter and then click the split button.
    I was looking for a simpler way that in a single click (or macro or Elgato call...) change frequency, mode, filter BUT to second slice that is already opened in a second panadapter.
    Hope it is more clear now..
    Best 73
    Alessandro I2SVA
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

If you have a 6400M or 6600M, the A>B button on the front panel copies the settings of the A slice to the B slice.

• Hi Neil, this is fine, but I have a 6400 and I am looking for a A>B feature..
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

You can use FRStack. With your 2 slices already open, FRStack has a "Copy To" function in a right-click menu that puts everything from Slice A to Slice B.

• This is interesting, thanks" Now I wonder how the FRStack command "Copy to" can be automated either with an FRStack macro or with an Elgato command... Anyone can please help?
  • Erik Carling EI4KF

I think that the only one who can help is the FRStack author. It seems to be that there is no way currently to action this function in Stream Deck as the required command is not part of the REST protocol. So you could email him but I did that myself a week ago on another matter and did not receive a reply. So he might be away or too busy at the moment. I use the right-click quite often to copy from one panadapter to the other so it would be nice to have a one button press in Stream Deck.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Will FRStack "Swap" do the task?

If so, you can make a hot key in FRStack for "Swap". Then, in StreamDeck, create a "hot key" button for the same set of keys you define for "Swap".

Alan. WA9WUD

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Hi Alan, no it a is real swap and not a copy to. Copy to does the job (the command below Swap with in your picture. Whereas Swap can be programmed into Stream Deck, the Copy to function cannot it seems. For me using FRStack directly for Copy to is good enough but I presume for Alessandro there is not a visual on a computer screen and the Deck is at hand and is more convenient.

I did try a long winded set of actions programmed into the Deck. I sent the panorama A Slice to memory, then set panorama B Slice as active and intended to send that memory to that Slice. But I couldn't make it do that. Since we do not know how that Copy to function works, we are stuck.

• Erik you are 100% right. I have opened a case with FRstack support, if there is a feedback i will share here!

tks, 73

alessandro i2sva

• Hi all,

here below the very nice answer from Mark W3II about FRstacks Slice copy (A/B) feature:

FRStack does not currently have a hot key or REST API that exposes the Copy To functionality:

---Quote---

I will add this on the next release

-REST API will be as follows: note n is 0-7, x is A-H

-ActiveSlice/COPYFROM?param=n

-ActiveSlice/COPYFROM?letter=x&param=n

-ActiveSlice/COPYFROM?index=n&param=n

-Slice/x/COPYFROM?param=n

And 

Hotkeys where “To” slice index x is 0-3 and “From” slice index y is 0-7

SCOPYTOx_y

73,Mark W3II

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Well done Alessandro and thanks to Mark.

Erik.

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Now implemented in FRStack, thanks Mark. Set it up in Stream Deck for easy one button press. Excellent.

• Thanks Mark for this new set of features!

Quote from Mark:

I have uploaded a new version of FRStack. V3.1.34.63 which adds the Hotkeys and REST Slice COPYFROM COPYTO commands.

I also updated the Stream Deck sample that is installed to FRStack’s directory showing these commands.

These are found under Radio, Slice, Slice Swap folders.

The details are documented in the Help, View REST help.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

Old thread but does this function still work? I have been unable to get it to swap. Copy to works but swap is not changing slices. I am running smartlink if that matters. I need to test locally.

• Erik Carling EI4KF

I am not running Smartlink so I can only comment that Swap works locally.

This is the most simple scenario with only two Slices which swap.

Erik

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.