Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Should I use 2.4.10 or 2.7.6?

Tim W4TME writes:

"We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version that your radio is licensed to use at your earliest convenience. That would be v3.2.39 and v2.7.6 for SmartSDR v3 and v2 respectively.

We will be leaving v2.4.10 for the foreseeable future and v1.12.1 for older radios that use a Maestro."

I don't understand the last sentence. How do I decide if I should use 2.4.10 or 2.7.6? AFAIK, I have an older radio with an older Maestro. I had been running 2.6.2 and it suddenly vanished and I installed 2.4.10 to get back on the air. It seems to work.

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Both the 'older' radio and Maestro should run just fine on 2.7.6.

AL, K0VM

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Richard, if you were on 2.6.2, you should probably upgrade to 2.7.6 to be up to date.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

I stand to be corrected, but I believe there was a problem with updating the older Maestros from 2.4.10 to 2.7.6 (some problem with the underlying .NET infrastructure/software on the Maestro). That may have been resolved by now, but probably best for Mike or Tim to chime in to confirm.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Where did you get that statement that Tim wrote? What date is on it?

However, If you are at 2.6, please move up to 2.7.

You can review the release notes online: https://edge.flexradio.com/www/uploads/20210602224309/SmartSDR_v2.7.6-Release-Notes.pdf

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW Hey Mike I saw that also in the announcement section on the frontpage.

Sept 8

"Removal of previous versions of SmartSDR form the M model and Maestro - Phase II"

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

V2.4.10 is the latest version without the SD card corruption issues and the recommended V2 version for those of us that don’t want the profile “autosave” feature.

Al / NN4ZZ

Here is the link to V2.4.10 on the Flex site for supported downloads:

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I suspect that most of us who are using SSDR V2.4.10 are doing so because we don't care for the profile auto save feature that was introduced back in 2020. One of the earliest posts that dealt with this is here https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/7887668/profile-auto-save-discussion/p1 and includes lots of comments from Eric KE5DTO.

For a period of time after the profile auto save strategy was implemented, the comments from Flex indicated that there were plans to make this feature user selectable in future versions of SSDR. In other words, those that wanted to have their profiles auto saved could have this feature turned on but those that wanted their profiles retained as created unless they were manually and intentionally saved with the new settings could turn the auto save feature off.

It's been 18 months and the feature is not yet user selectable. Would someone from Flex care to comment as to whether or not there is still an intention to make the feature user selectable? Or has this idea been abandoned?

Tim K9WX

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Tim / K8WX wrote: "PROFILE AUTOSAVE ON/OFF OPTION -- It's been 18 months and the feature is not yet user selectable. Would someone from Flex care to comment as to whether or not there is still an intention to make the feature user selectable? Or has this idea been abandoned? "

Hi Tim,

I emailed Eric (on 9/25) and Gerald (on 9/30) asking the same questions. Gerald has been away but I believe he is back now and probably catching up. Hopefully one of them will reply soon.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.10

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I can answer on their behalf as I am aware of your concerns and this issue.

I can't say much that will give you a relief date, but this and a few other key concerns are not forgotten. All we can ask is to wait. Sorry, we can't provide a timeline as this moment.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.