Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spots settings window not propagated

When trying to open Settings - Spots the window opens but its not propagated (display just a think empty window. SmartSDR 3.2.39.

Tagged:

Answers

• ab5xs
    ab5xs Member
    [{"insert":"I have the same problem exactly. Is there a fix for it?\n"}]
  • ab5xs
    ab5xs Member
  • LA4XLA
    LA4XLA Member ✭✭

AB5XS LA4XLA. Havent seen a fix for it yet. It works fine on another computer with a fresh install av Windows.

Uninstall new install of Smart SDR does not fix it. I think it must be some settings left in the registry, either under "Local Machine\Software\Flex..." or "Current User\Software\Flex..."

Uninstall SmartSDR, Reboot, and delete any leftovers in registry. Then do a new fresg install Smart SDR.

I will have the "problem computer" by hand coming weekend so i caninvestigate and see if i can find the specific setting hat leads to this window behaviour.

I will post back if i find out.

• ab5xs
    ab5xs Member
    [{"insert":"Reset the SSDR.settings file on your PC"},{"attributes":{"header":{"level":2,"ref":""}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"If SmartSDR for Windows is running, close it down."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Then enter "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"%APPDATA%"},{"insert":" into the Windows Search box. It will display a folder as a result of the search. Select the folder."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"If you are presented with a set of folders of which one of them is "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"ROAMING"},{"insert":", select that folder."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"You will see a"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":" FlexRadio Systems"},{"insert":" folder listed. Double click on it to open the folder."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"In that folder is a file with the name "},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"SSDR.settings"},{"insert":". Delete that file."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Restart SmartSDR for Windows."},{"attributes":{"list":{"depth":0,"type":"bullet"}},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\n"}]
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

ab5xs-

Off the subject, but what is the formatting in you last comment? I've seen it before in other posts.

It is very difficult for me to read.

• ab5xs
    ab5xs Member
    I copied from an email. I couldn’t figure out how to delete it.
  • LA4XLA
    LA4XLA Member ✭✭

Basically he is suggesting to delete this file:

"C:\Users\UserXXX\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems\SSDR.settings"

• This has bit me in the rear end a couple of times. I have now stored the f ix in Evernote amongst a number of other Flex fixes and work arounds.

• W0MPM John
    W0MPM John Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022

edit: I had a question about this solution. But then found the same answer in a slightly less ambiguous form and from an unimpeachable sourse - Tim. Look here:🙃

Cant Resize Spots settings Window — FlexRadio Community

• Blhdsoo7
    Blhdsoo7 Member
    edited September 2023
    If dont it had been. Open Chorme And Visit Afiyu Kent https://afiyu.net/
    Website For More Details about this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.