Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Trying to decide SO2R or 3x1

Options

I have a simple setup now 6300 and am thinking of adding a TGXL and later a PGXL. So which one would be better for future flexibility? Now only have two Antennas running thru my 572 Amp and MFJ tuner. but would like to get the best solution for the future..... SO2R or 3x1

Best Answers

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have had the 2x8 for a year now. Best buy of antenna switch I have ever made. And I have had many before.

Go for the 2x8. Even if you would not be using it's full capability, you never knew what would happen in the future. Pretty sure as well that if you would sell it, the 2x8 will be much more wanted and having a better 2'nd hand value.

Johan, SE3X

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Up until recently my setup was a Flex-6700, PG-XL, and two Palstar HF-AUTO ATU's. I have a HF-AUTO connected to each of the A and B output of my PG-XL amp. This arrangement allowed me to route two resonate antennas through my PG-XL to the A and B Antenna ports on my Flex, so I can distribute the two resonate antennas to various receiver slices, have two resonate antennas for diversity receive, plus by having two HF-AUTO ATU's I can select up to 6 antennas because each HF-AUTO ATU's has a built in 1x3 antenna switch.

A couple of months ago I took delivery of a TG-XL 1x3 ATU which replaced one of my HF-AUTO ATU's. The TG-XL worked so seamlessly I decided to order a 2nd TG-XL 1x3 to replace my other HF-AUTO unit.

One TG-XL would probably suffice for my situation because the TG-XL tunes so quickly, but I prefer to have two full time resonate antennas online at all times, so I'm going with two TG-XL's.

Butch, KF4HR

a TG-XL 1x3, along with a Flex-6700 and PG-XL. I also have a 2nd TG-XL 1x3 on order.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

The 6300 only has one SCU so you can only have one antenna connected at a time. Also the 572 amp would only be connected through one RF path, so unless you may have plans to buy another radio or change the 6300 to a 6600 or 6700 and change the amp to the PG XL or add another amp, you are better off with the 1x3 tuner. It gives you a built in 3 port antenna switch.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.