Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro B Internal Battery?

WC6Y
WC6Y Member ✭✭

I leave my Maestro & 6600 on 24/7, plugged into 13.7v Astron supply. Last night the co-inhabitants of the radio room, two cats, managed to unplug the 13.7v dc supply cord from the Maestro. Screen was dark. Powering up yielded the attached image. Half an hour of charging later, no change or response to power button depressions. Ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

You must remove the battery and charge with an external charger

Alan. WA9WUD

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Alan is right about the removeable add in battery, but there is also a battery internal to the 'pad' portion on Maestro. I believe that one takez several hours to recharge through the Maestro power port.

AL, K0VM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2021

This is a Maestro B, so you should not have to remove the tablet to charge it.

Can you plug it in for 24 hours and see if it recovers. If not, please open a support ticket.

Also, is it possible that the Cat damaged the power connector by stressing it when it got yanked out? You may want to check that you have voltage on the end of the connector with a voltmeter.

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭

Thank you for your suggestion. I looked up followed the "Maestro A" Internal Battery recharge procedure posted by Flex. The only thing that seems to be different for my "B" model is the internal connector is a USB-C which conveniently plugged into one of the USB-C female ports on my MacBook Pro. I have successfully charged wireless keyboards & trackpads from these MacBook Pro ports in the past. However after two attempts of several hours each, the Maestro would not boot up as suggested in the Flex writeup after being plugged in to 13.8vdc and the power switch toggled or even held in.

The display shown in the picture never varies. I do note that there is what sounds like a relay setting and resetting in the Maestro when it is unplugged from the 13.8vdc and not plugged into the USB charging port, i.e. no external power connection.

Further ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Ken

It might have to come home for a Spa day. Can you open a support ticket please. They will guide you.

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭

Just saw the other responses - thank you. I checked voltage on the board and the power receptacle is not damaged.

After attempting to recharge the internal battery, I left it plugged into DC overnight - no luck. The Flex instructions indicate that when the charge on the internal battery is sufficiently restored, the Maestro will reboot with a power switch toggle, but then it needs to be plugged into DC for 6 - 8 hours prior to use. Haven't gotten it to reboot. Perhaps the internal battery is not recoverable, or perhaps, for some reason, the Maestro internal battery is not taking a charge from the the Mac USB-C port?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.