Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Win-Test RTTY SmartSDR

Hi,

yesterday a good friend reported a strange behavior of his new Flex Radio during preparing for the RTTY CQWW this weekend to me.

He is using Win-Test and MMTTY, all working fine until he changes the working band or click one station in the band map. If he do so, the radio switches to the new band / frequency as expected but also from RTTY mode to DIG-L with a bandwith of 3 kHz, that does not make any sense...

My guess there is something wrong with the CAT settings in Win-Test, he uses the generic Kenwood settings.

Starting operating a 6500 four years ago I can remember that I encountered a similar problem but I cannot say how I have fixed that. I used Win-Test in RTTY contests with SmartSDR without any problems.

Who knows the trick to tell the radio or the logging software to stay on mode RTTY? I will forward any suggestions to him. Thank you.

73 Henning

PS: SmartSDR last V3, last Win-Test version...

Comments

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

I think there is a wrong settings in the win test bandmap-. I know such behaviour from UCXLOG also

Harry

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

It does that with N1MM+ also. Drives me crazy. What is DIGIL anyway and why do we need it.

Over the contest weekend I had to go in and change DIGIL back to RTTY. I have been going to open a ticket but I have been going to do a lot of things.

Robby

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

A nearly useless answer, but digil is lower sideband, whereas digiu is upper. I don’t know why we need it either.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The mode change is something external to the radio. The radio isn't changing mode settings on its own.

You may have to monitor the CAT commands ( you can do this in SmartSDR for CAT) and see where it is being sent from.

I was playing with FLDigi last week and saw something similar when I would try to do an FSK-R the radio would be commanded to change modes. RTTY is traditionally LSB, but you can do USB if your do FSK-R (it is sort of like a double negative).

• Pek
    Pek Member
    > @"Ha Gei" said:
    > I think there is a wrong settings in the win test bandmap-. I know such behaviour from UCXLOG also
    > Harry

hello Harry, sorry to bother you and to bother everyone with my short message as well.
    you quote UCXlog ... i have been using it for a very long time but i am unable to connect it to my brand new flex6400 which i just pulled out of the box.
    can you give me 1 piece of advice to get started? Thank you.

Pek F1GRH
    mycall @ _free. Fr

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.