Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL low output power

Everything working fine this afternoon. Came back to rig a few hours later and PGXL output is substantially reduced, like no more than 150-250 watts even with 50W drive. Tried 20, 40, 80 - same results. All looks normal with the 6600, and nothing changed with regard to the antenna. SWR is still within acceptable range 1.1:1 -- 1.7:1. What should I check? TIA Rusty - W3US

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Rusty you might want to try doing a PG-XL reset, found on page 38 of its manual.

Butch, KF4HR

• W3US
    W3US Member ✭✭

Thanks for the tip Butch. I performed a factory reset (twice just to be sure) with the same outcome. 30W drive on 40M and I am only getting 90W out. Output diminishes as frequency increases. On 15M I only have 50W out with 30W drive. Thanks for the tip.

• WP4SK
    WP4SK Member
    Please update how you fix the problem
    Thanks
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Open a Help Desk ticket.

Sounds like possibly one of the RF devices let go. When you key up in SSB without audio what is the current reading? Should be at least 4 amps.

Dave wo2x

• W3US
    W3US Member ✭✭

To respond to WP4SK's question as well as agree with Dave's comment - open a support ticket. In my case it was a defective RF device, which was quickly repaired by the folks in Austin. Flex support is excellent - open a trouble ticket. de W3US

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.