Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 & transverter

Hello to all!

I have one question for membership if anyone might know the answer, or if they have already encountered a similar problem when working with Flex radio in combination with XVRT.

For the first time after buying the FR 6700, I decided to try the station to run the XVRT Javornik and Flex 6700. ( Javornik: http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53ww/xvrt/xvrt.htm )

The connection itself between the station and the transverter is fairly simple, so I quickly ran this combination and tested how the matter works in the VHF field.

All the functions offered by the HF band can also be used to advantage on the VHF frequency of 144 MHz.

However, while TX-ing on CW and SSB, I ran into a big problem that I haven’t been able to solve to date.

CW: When broadcasting with a paddle, there is no way I can transmit the correct characters in telegraphy, as another line or dot is always added next to a dot or line all the time. It also sounds like an echo in the headphones.

SSB: when TX-ing phone, an echo is also heard all the time, with a delay of approx. 100 ms, which is very disturbing.

In short, I have a big problem that I can’t fix.
I went through all the settings several times, but nowhere did I find any parameter where I could change it.

Another piece of information, when I switch to the HF area, CW and SSB work without any problems.

If anyone happens to have a solution, or if they know the problem, please let me know.

Best 73 Dare S58M

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dare

What method are you using to send CW? Where is the key connected? Same question for SSB.

What it sounds like is that you are listening to your audio on the PC and not the Radio. Do you have a problem if using speakers connected to the radio?

Let us know some more details.

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭
    Hello Mike. Thansk for your answer.

I have a paddle plugged in at the paddle entrance, on the front of the station. Also a microphone.
    As for the sound, however, it’s always the same, whether I’m listening to the sound in headphones, on a PC, or directly from the station. It’s always the same, I hear an echo with a delay.

However, there is something interesting, namely when I switch to the HF area, there are no such problems, regardless of whether I listen to the sound directly from the station or from the headphones or from the PC.

73 Dare, S58M
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Dare, it might be a silly question to ask but is your Monitor button (MON) on (blue)? If it’s on then you will hear a delayed echo of your audio.

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭
    Hi John!

It sounds less echoing now, but I still can’t TX normally on the paddle. There is always another line or dot on the TX, making it impossible to broadcast on the paddle.

73 Dare S58M
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dare, do you have Iambic mode A or B set? In mode B, you get an extra dot or dash at the end depending on your paddle release timing. Try mode A and see if that helps.

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭
    HI Len

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help either. It is interesting, however, that when I switch to the HF area, the telegraph and Paddle work normally.

73 Dare S58M
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dare, I just tested my XVTR in CW and do not see that behavior. Are you running two panadapters in full duplex? I am wondering if you are hearing yourself on a second receiver.

What happens if you turn off the sidetone? Do you still hear your own signal?

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭

Hello again

If I turn off Sidetone, then I normally listen to telegraphy. However, the problem now is that every time I add another dash or dot to my TX with Paddle. But when I go to the HF field, these problems. The problem now is in broadcasting telegraphy to Paddle.

I have no more ideas what to do.

I only have one panadapter turned on.

73 Dare S58M

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dare

If you have not yet done a database reset on the radio, I would recommend you back up your profiles, reset the radio and test. If the problem is still there, please open a support ticket.

If all is OK, then import your profiles and test again. If the problem shows up, then you may have to rebuild your profiles and test.

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭

Hello Mike!

I did a reset of the FR 6700. Before that I made a copy of the profiles and imported them into the Smart SDR after the reset. I’ve started XVRT mode, but I still can’t broadcast telegraph normally. With CQ, I still somehow manage to type the letter C, and with the letter Q, a dot or dash is always added. When I switch back to HF, however, I normally broadcast to Paddle.

Microkeyer from N1MM working fine on HF and XVRT.

73 Dare S58M

• Mike-VA3MW

Did you test with re-importing your profiles?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.