Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Guy Questions

Options
OK, I have a rig on order and wonder where to start learning... What video's to watch, what groups to read, what to do next... Don't even know what questions to ask! Not new to Ham Radio, but new to this rig, a 6400M. I'm coming from an IC-7610 and have been around the bands awhile. (Started as a Novice in 1963)
All I want to do initially is just set up a normal rig, maybe some digital stuff but don't have much desire to do any remote control stuff, maybe later on.

Best Answers

Answers

• K4SOW
    K4SOW Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"John KB4DU" said:
    This allows playing with the controls with little danger of hurting anything.

Very good tip... I've been known to "Dumb thumb" stuff to death before!...
  • K4SOW
    K4SOW Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @K0FLY said:
    Below please find links to down load some of these documents which will give you a head start of before the radio arrives.

Thanks a bunch!... Got the manuals downloaded and a bookmark in place for the Youtube stuff... Now if I can find enough hard drive space!...
  • K4SOW
    K4SOW Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"David Decoons, wo2x" said:
    >Flex’s YouTube channel. Plenty of videos to help get you going.

Thanks David... Got it bookmarked and subscribed to...
    Got a bunch of studying to do!...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.