Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Global Profiles

Options

Please list here what you name your Global Profiles. Because I find they are not Global at all, but band specific. So I am using Global Profiles as Memories. Because ONLY Global Profiles saves every setting on that band like most other radios would save to a memory.

So my Global Profiles are like this.

160m SSB

160m AM

6m FM

and so on.

DW

Answers

• James Del Principe
    Options

Dennis, I have many profiles made and I quit using memories. Honestly, I don't understand the practical difference. In any event, I have several profiles for each band I use, such as 75M AM ragchew, 75 M SSB, 75 M ARES, 75 M Digital, 75 M DX .....and so on. Same for each band.

Now, I do wish there was a way to have these under a folder for each band as the list gets pretty long.... 73, Jim

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭
    Options

I use a similar system but I do not have a profile for every possible scenario. I have names like 20CW, 20RY, 20SB but on 30M only CW and on 17M only CW and SB. etc.

So I make profiles for only the most used band/modes and the lesser used combinations I can set up when needed. That keeps the profile list shorter.

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭
    Options

Exactly what I plan to do.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Dennis, you might want to take a look at FRStack. It provides memories that you can easily program and edit, and displays them graphically as large buttons. I have memories in FRStack for, as an example:

20M CW, 20M FT8, 20M RTTY and 20M SSB

repeated for all bands that I operate. The program is free and frequently updated. It is extremely powerful, easy to use and has lots of attractive extras, such as providing an interface to a Stream Deck, a truly marvelous addition to the Flex.

73, Craig KØCF

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭
    Options

I just installed it. I LOVE it. Why doesn’t SmartSDR just have that all incorporated?

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The other advantage of FRStack is that it only saves info when desired, not auto save like profiles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.