Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX6700 @ MICROHAM U2R

Options
S58M DARE
S58M DARE Member ✭✭
Hello to all!
I am the new owner of the beautiful radio FR 6700. But I have one question for you.
Since I really like working in competitions in the SO2R category, I had the FT-1000 MP, TS-590, Microham u2r, and WX0B 2x6 pack in the previous configuration.
For easier control, switching antennas was done by PC via Microham and 2x6 switch.
Now I'm wondering if it's sensible or feasible to use Microham in combination with the Flex 6700, and 2x6 for automatic switching of antennas.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

73 Dare S58M

Comments

• Erik SM0JCA
    Erik SM0JCA Member ✭✭
    Options

Try to get to know how to define USB cables by the Flex 6700. Each cable can be used as CAT, Band Data (BCD) or individual Bit cable.

You will probably find that you can control most external switches. If you need more than two USB cables, use a USB hub.

I am controlling an amp with two CAT ports and an antenna switch with 2x6 relays with the radio USB settings using four USB cables (FTDI type) and nothing else.

73 Erik SM0JCA

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@DARE

@Erik SM0JCA is 100% correct.

If you have a 6700, you are going to find that you will not require the Microham. SO2R command and OTRSP are actually built right into the radio. In fact you can sell it and buy a nice dinner. :)

For your 2x6 switch, you can use the USB/Bit mapping on the back of the radio. Much much cleaner installation.

• S58M DARE
    S58M DARE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hello boys!Thanks for answers. Keep going to discover of "black" sides of this beautiful Flex radios. Best 73 Dare, S58M

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.