Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hello, some one have this type of interference on 80m? Any segestion will be appreciate.

Thanks for help.

Dan, VE2ZC 73'

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dan, I am not sure, but this might be plasma TV interference. The first step is to identify the source. Turn off everything possible in your house to see if it goes away. If so, turn things back on one by one until it returns. This should tell you which device is responsible so that you can deal with it.

If it is nothing in your house, it may be from a close neighbor. You can tune a small radio to one of the offending noise peaks and walk around the neighborhood to see if you can find the culprit based on signal strength.

You will have to decide how to proceed based on your relationship with the neighbor. Asking them to turn off things in their house may or may not go over well...

If it comes from someone who won't cooperate, a noise canceller like the ANC-4 or MFJ 1026 will probably work if you can get the noise antenna close enough to the source.

Good luck in your search for a solution.

• Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭

Yes, it looks like a plasma TV interference or something like that. I hope you can find it. Great suggestions Len.

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

The clothes washer we have puts out a similar interference pattern.

• I did turn everything off in my house and isn't in my house it's strange it comes on here and there stays on for two three days and then is off for a week or so.

Thanks for training to help me.

Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.