Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I get N1MM logger to recognize Slice B?

I have N1MM and it recognizes Slice A. I have set up a Com Port 6 and that is OK. I also set up the Winkeyer and that is Com Port 7. And the radio does transmit. But I have the Slice B which for some reason N1MM is not recognizing that slice. In CAT I have set up COM 5 for Slice B.

I watched Mike's video but he really didn't address that because his setup is for SO2V and not SO2R. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You have to set up your radio as SO2R and 2 unique radios.

My video was for a basic user. Essentially, you have to do it over. This document describes it exactly and works on all 6000 series radios.

• Mike,

I will look at this document and try it.

Thanks!!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mike,

It works just fine. On my M screen I have both Slice A and Slice B. Slice A is 14.018.96 and Slice B is 7.002.070. When I press the Up Arrow on the monitor it gives me two waterfall displays. But they are both for 40 meters. How do I get it to have the top one as Slice A and the bottom one as Slice B?

Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Set up Slice A on the band, mode, bandwidth and frequency you want. Press the arrow at the bottom center of the screen. You now see two panadapters. Press the “B” VFO knob on the bottom right of the 6400M. Set the band, mode and bandwidth you want. Press the “B” VFO again. Spin the “B” VFO until it is on the frequency you want.

Note that the 6400M has only one Spectral Capture Unit (SCU). This means that, while you can monitor two bands simultaneously, they must both be on the same antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.