Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd behavior with 'rfpower' and 'tunepower' tags in TX subscription message

Options
2»

Answers

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭
    Options

Len,

Yes, that's the one. I had hoped it made it into the latest release. I'll install it and give it a try.

Lynn

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭
    Options

Just to follow up on my CTR2 project... ARRL published my article in the Sept/Oct 2021 issue of QEX. If you're an ARRL member you can read QEX online even if you don't subscribe to the paper edition. I have a blog up where I go into more detail than the magazine article could cover. If you're interested I have a link to it on my QRZ page.

Thanks to everyone for the help,

Lynn, KU7Q

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Congratulations Lynn! I will try to read it tonight..

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Lynn,

I w I’ll check it out online. Mike Walker and I had an article on Node Red in this month”’s (September) QST.

73 and congrats!

Dave wo2x

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

Dave,

I read your article last night. Nice work and congratulations to you and Mike. The first thing that jumped out at me was the shameless plug for CTR2 and my blog for it at Lynovation in the first paragraph of your article. Thanks 😉

I suspect I confused Maty with the last pre-publication review revision to my article because I mentioned my new blog for CTR2. Both articles were on radio control so my last revision ended up in your article!

As I mentioned in the closing of my article, I get inspiration from the projects in QST and QEX and it happened again last night. Why not use Node-RED to create a user interface for CTR2? It could easily (a term I use loosely and perhaps naively) and cheaply replace the Nextion display. I already interface to the display with RS232 so a serial port off my station server or a Raspberry Pi 4 and I’m in business. Plus I wouldn’t need to code a web server to remote CTR2. As the old Ragu commercial used to say, “It’s in there”.

Who said being retired is boring?

Thanks for the inspiration!

73’s, Lynn, KU7Q

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lynn

I know, there are now a large number of "non-Flex" rig operators on the Node-Red Ham io group, that would welcome you providing a Node-Red Dashboard to interface with their rigs and antennas, via CTR2.

Suggest you join the group and open a discussion to gauge the interest level. Here is a link.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Lynn Hansen
    Lynn Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thanks Alan, I’ll take a look at it.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Welcome aboard Lynn! Working together to accomplish some cool things and continue to explore new uses for the technology never gets old.

My wife went to PA with my mother-in-law today so I have a day to sit here and brainstorm. I'm looking at a different approach to interfacing with the Flex via the API that will be cleaner and easier to maintain going forward. Stephen Houser on the Node Red group has some nifty JS code I am looking at.

BTW< Alan is the dashboard "Master".

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.