Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter for Satellite work

KG9LD
KG9LD Member ✭✭

Hello

What are people using for transverters specifically for satellite work?

I have a Flex 6500 and am thinking about using a transverter. I do not know much about satellites or transverters. I know this has been covered in the past but I'm looking for new ideas.

I saw this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144mhz-432mhz-to-28mhz-Highly-Stable-Transverter-HD-for-FLEX-RADIO-VHF-UHF-12W-/254510549922

Would it get the job done? It's pretty inexpensive compared to the others.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

KG9LD

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Jeff

I had that one, and, it does work. For Satellite work you will need 2 of them as it only does 1 band at a time and a 2 SCU radio like the 6600 or the 6700. Or, you will need to add another radio/receiver so that you can work full duplex with your 6500.

We recommend the Q5 Signal ones as they are well made, stable and clean RF out.

So, for me, I use a VHF and a UHF Q5 unit on a 6600.

• KG9LD
    KG9LD Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike. I had a feeling that transverter was too good to be true. Do you have a recommendation as to which models work the best from Q5?

Jeff

KG9LD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Any of them work. It depends how much power out you wish.

I use the 25 watt VHF and UHF version.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.