Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Send Spots to MacLoggerDX for Alerts

I am moving from Windows to the Mac platform and am trying to use the native SmartSDR for Mac FT8 tool (instead of WSJT-X/ JTALERT).

Is it possible for SmartSDR Mac to send spots to MacLoggerDX so alerts could be generated for missing DXCC entities?

Thanks, Ron K2RAS

Best Answer

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓

hi ron

The way JTbridge works is its listen to UDP broadcast from WSJTx each receive cycle of FT8. It then looks at preference selected and then check current log of macloggerdx (mldx)...then within its display hilites hits defined by the preference. So there is no need to send data to mldx spots. it doe sit own spots alerting based on jtbridge preference.

For example. YOU ARE HUNTING FOR NEW COUNTRIES TO WORK.

SET JTbrdige the way i have shown above. JTbrdige display will hilite in RED any country you dont not have confirmed. Then you can click on that line and wsjtx will be updated with the call and freq and be ready to transmit on next FT8 transmit cycle.

When you work that station and time to log it, jtbridge handles the handshake and send the data to mldx for logging when you click log in wjstx. Totallly seamless

AND

TO KEEP THE LIST IN JTBRIDGE TO MINIMUM

then set Filter preference as follows

this will keep jtbridge from showing anything you have already confirmed....

using these features i am one away from DXCC HR

and

have worked and confirmed 48 states on 6m in this past year

and

now have 52 countries including Japan on 6m

AND

there is a feature in mldx that tells mldx to listen to wsjtx UPD broadcasts

which is what you initially asked about....it fllls up the spots with wsjtx data directly

BUT

i dont know it FT8 app of the macssdr sends UPD Broadcast like wsjtx

i do not run macssdr as i have 6600m and use wsjtx and xdax and xcat

i have run 4 slices of FT8 on four different band

and

have run on 6m both FT8 and msk144 on two slices

and

even cw skimmer with extra-cluster ( a mldx addon) to send cw spots from 6600m to mldx

all of this helps hunting dx

i found this not to be all that helpful

and

prefer using jtbridge cause you can operate wsjtx by simply clicking on the item in the jtbridge list

hope this helps

Paul K3SF

Answers

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

It would be nice. I do miss the interaction between my logging app RumLogNG and WSJT-X. But I like the way the built in FT8/FT4 application works.

You could email the Author of Mac app directly and ask him about it. I have asked questions directly to him before.

Michael, AA5SH

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

you can use JTBridge with WSJTX (FT8Mode)

JTBridge interfaces with macdxlogger for logging and log information

In

the preference panel of jtbridge you can select 'not confirmed' and it will notify you

in pic it show i have select dx entity ans states..this lets me be notfied of needed state sfor WAS

and dxcc entities for dxcc

flooding macdxlogger with FT8 data is waste as you wont be able to keep up with it being updated every 15 seconds

Paul K3SF

ps website for jtbridge

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭

Thanks for the response Paul. Just confirming, will JT-Bridge transfer spots from SmartSDR for Mac (not WSJT-X) to MacDXLogger. Also, in my case the number of alerts would be small as I am working for my DXCC and already have 900 entries.

Thanks, Ron

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭

I guess I will have to stick with WSJT-X on the Mac. I had hoped to move to the native SmartSDR for Mac FT8 tool but the options for integrating selective alerts just isn't there yet.

Thanks for all the comments, Ron