Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000 DPC problems

Hello everyone. I have ask flex this problem but they can't answer it.
I have a 5000, two receivers, tuner and mars mod and I think a good computer. When I am operating I keep getting high DPC count. In order to keep the radio from locking up I have to keep clearing the DPC count. The card I am using is a fire wire 400 port. I just seen today there is a 800 out. First is this a faster card and do you think it would help or cure my problem. I hate it that you can not talk to anyone at Flex. I am sure this hurts them from my readings. In short no tech service. Been thinking about a different radio due to this problem. If you have any ideas please email me at JrBluz2@aol.com

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2021

Hi Wayne,

No, you can't use the FireWire 800 cable.

From the 5000 User's Manual:

(7) Dual IEEE 1394 FireWire Jacks

The FLEX-5000 has two 400 Mb/s 6-pin IEEE 1394 FireWire jacks. These are 1394a connections not the 1394b (FireWire 800) type which run at 800 Mb/s. Connect the ferrite core end of the supplied 6-pin FireWire cable to either of these two jacks and connect the other end to

 FLEX-5000A: your computer’s FireWire jack (the host controller).

 FLEX-5000C: the computer jack marked “FireWire” in Figure 3 on page 6.

The second FireWire jack (7) can be used to “daisy chain” or extend the FireWire bus so that additional IEEE 1394 FireWire devices may be connected.

Here is an article about DPC issues that might help:

What are DPCs and why do they matter? – FlexRadio

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭

Wayne,

All the FireWire speeds are compatible, the connectors are not , but the speed of you FW is not you DPC issue. DPC or Delayed Process Calls , are caused by either HW or SW driver causing delays in the sequencing of devices being serviced. Things like video cards, or any other I/O device / driver can cause this. Besides video cards and/or drivers , network cards , scsi , external drives all can cause it . Also trying to use an older TI FW chipset with Win10 . Make sure the system OS is up to date, check with vendor of you video and NIC cards are up to date .

Read Tim’s article concerning DPCs and use LatencyMon to maybe help point you in the right direction.

Dudley, WA5QPZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.