Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 - no RJ45 lights

hello. New-to-flex user here.... I have a 6700 from an estate that I need to check out. I have installed SmartSDR v2. The 6700 powers up, then displays "shutting down" after 15-20 seconds. With a known-good CAT5 cable plugged into the RJ45 jack, no LEDs light up. I literally unplugged this cable from a working Ethernet-connected device, and plugged it into the 6700. No RJ45 LEDs.

SmartSDR launches and displays, "There are currently no radios available."

What can I do?

Thanks for all advice.

--- mike N4CF

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mike, I would submit a help desk ticket. Flex has probably seen this issue or something similar.

• astro_mike
    astro_mike Member
    Before I do that, a friend suggested rebooting the 6700. The only documentation i have is for the 6400/6600, and says, "With the radio powered off, press and hold down the Power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the Power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally."

I did this, but the Power LED never blinks white. The radio starts, then displays "Shutting down," and the power LED blinks red three times repeatedly. The manual says this means "Boot failure."

How do I reboot/reset a 6700? If that doesn't work, then I'll file a help ticket.

Thanks again.

--- Mike
  • astro_mike
    astro_mike Member
    I found advice to hold the OK button while pressing the Power button. I did this, and the 6700 displayed, "rebooting in ...." then the Power LED began flashing white, and the 6700 displayed "Calibrating." But then the Power LED flashed 3 times repeatedly, and the 6700 displayed "Shuting down."

So I'm back where I started -- Boot failure (and, of course, no RJ45 lights. I'm stumped.

--- Mike
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Mike:

Flex has all of the documentation on line. Here is a link to the 6700 hardware manual. I beleive that Flex simplified the hardware reset in the 6400 and 6600 models. The below referenced document will give you the info you need for the 6700.

Here is the 6700 reset procedure from page 20.

FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500 Reset Procedure

With the radio powered off, press and hold down the “OK” button on the front panel of the radio. Momentarily press and release the power button to power on the radio. Continue holding in the OK button until the front display counts down to 0, the power LED starts flashing white and the “CALIBRATING…” message is displayed, then release the OK button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.

• astro_mike
    astro_mike Member
    I somehow got my model numbers confused. I actually have a 6500, not a 6700.

I performed the "OK button + Power button" reset procedure, and saw a white flashing Power light and "Calibrating" on the display. But when that finished, I saw the same "Shutting down" and a repeating 3-flash power light, which the docs say is a boot failure.

Time for a support ticket, I think.

73, Mike N4CF
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Does Mike have the SD card failure?? The support ticket is the correct way to go.

Good Luck

Gayle K0FLY

• astro_mike
    astro_mike Member
    I opened a ticket, and Tim diagnosed the SD card as the likely culprit. A new one is on the way. Superb support!

--- Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.