Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SD card tape

Options

I am trying to help a fellow ham with a 6400M and the SD card will not stay in the holder. i noticed that the top of the holder hinges up, that doesn't seem wright . About a year ago he had to replace the card and he was sent a new one and a piece of tape to secure it. so the two questions is the sd card holder supposed hinge up and what is the tape that is used. I didn't want to use electrician tape. I have a 6500 so I have never run into this issue.

Dennis KM6DF

Best Answer

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

NOTE: If the little flap was opened incorrectly and the locking tab was damaged, you will still need the tape.

Even if the locking tab is in good shape, the tape is a good safety back in case the radio gets jarred or shaken. The tape prevents the locking lid from unlocking.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dennis, yes the door for the SD Card hinges up. I believe that the tape is Kapton tape. Most black electrician's tape will leave sticky residue, so I don't think that would be a good alternative.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Correct, it is Kapton tape.

If you need some, just open a support case and ask us to send it to you.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

NOTE: The little hinge-top, once it is closed, will also slide a little to lock the lid closed. If you forget to slide it to the locking position it will keep flapping open.

• Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    Options

Thank for all the help i have ordered the tape and should be here today

Dennis KM6DF

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Listen to Ken…..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.