Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Laptop Freezing Panadapter and Waterfall

Hello,

I bought a new laptop - it's a DELL Inspirion 15 with Windows 10

Processor is a Intel Core 5 11th generation

If I start SmartSDR (3.2.39) the slice is running, audio is there, I can move the slice and change QRG but the waterfall and panadapter (signal levels) are freezing or fills the complete area high up to the slice. Anybody knows what's the problem and how to solve it???

Attached a pic: signal levels are not jumping up and down but are freezing!

73 Jan,DL7JAN

Answers

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

If you have the model of Inspiron 15 with Intel Iris Xe graphics, you should try updating the driver from the Intel website.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

I used to be a Dell value added reseller. Something about Dell most peeps might not know is they are not just a pc assembler, but actually a product manufacturer. Their boards are proprietary products. Start on the Dell support site, punch in your service tag alphanumeric code, that is your machine and look up drivers. Do not install the Dell bloatware auto snoop into your pc constantly software, it will grind the machine to a standstill... but go right down their drivers list and update all that are not already done. These machines can sit on a warehouse shelf for considerable time. And you might already have 1 or 2 bios updates, and video drivers are a constant challenge especially if you have a new product. Start with the latest Dell, but be ready for the chipset manufacturer but you many need to roll a driver back. Don't ignore wifi and ethernet drivers and especially the computer bridge drivers. Start with bios and then check everything... you'll find the offending driver. If you don't feel comfy doing this find a trusted computer guru to sit down and go through everything. Then get the bloat ware out of there it already could be taking your new toy to its knees. Good luck

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭

FYI - I downloaded the latest Intel Iris Xe graphics ver 30.0.100.9684 Rel date 7/14/2021 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/208662/Intel-Core-i7-1165G7-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4-70-GHz-

This completely fixed all the video issues I had in my Dell 2 in 1

Randy

• DL7JAN
    DL7JAN Member ✭✭

This hint below from W4TME posted by a user on January 26th works for me

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8023804/no-waterfall-pan-display-but-everything-else-ok-on-brand-new-hp-win10-lt/p1

Copy and paste the following into the Command Prompt with administrator rights and press the Enter/Return key.

reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1

To re-enable:

Copy and paste the following into the Command Prompt with administrator rights and press the Enter/Return key.

reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics /v DisableHWAcceleration

Tim Ellison, W4TME

Thanks all for helping!

73 Jan,DL7JAN

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

While, you can disable the GPU for the SSDR app using the registry commands above, it will require your CPU to do handle all the graphics for SSDR and other programs that use the Windows Presentation Framework (WPF).

It is not a big deal on faster machines, but installing the latest Intel IrisXE driver lets the GPU and not the CPU do the work as intended. There is another long thread that discusses this issue:

No Waterfall & Pan Display but everything else OK on brand new HP Win10 LT - Page 2 — FlexRadio Community

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.