Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink Help needed

I am trying to help a friend of mine with a smartlink problem. He has a 6400M and when I first set it up for him, smartlink worked just fine. This was a couple of years ago. Recently he installed a new Linksys router. It sysports uPNP so should work fine but it doesn't. When we try the "Test Button" on the smartlink screen, we get a red "light" returned and hovering over it says it failed both uPNP test. I know what uPNP is, I just don't know that much about it :) Do I need to deregister his smartlink and start over? I did look in the router and the uPNP is enabled.

Thanks for any ideas.

Harold

W5ZZT

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Harold

There are some key pieces of information you need to look at.

• What is the IP address that the ports are forwarded to in the Router? Look in the uPNP tables for the router - you may have to google it to find out where they are
    • These IP addresses have to point to the IP address of the radio. (Think of a phone extension - you moved desks and now you have a new extension). Your Wife can’t find you when she calls you at work. LOL
    • Since the router changed, odds are the radio IP address changed if it was running DHCP, or if you had the IP address hard coded then you’ll likely have to reread Section 9 of the manual and walk through the steps again.

These simple data points really help to tell story. Let us know how you make out.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

And don't forget that Smartlink now requires 2.7.6 or 3.2.39.. If your need to update read the Release Notes carefully FIRST.

AL, K0VM

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭

I tried a few things and just couldn't get the uPNP to work on his Linksys router. Works fine on my ASUS router.

I went ahead and configured the ports manual in the router and SmartSDR and all is well. We actually both got on and played with Multiflex. That's pretty cool. I even signed in to his radio with my CAT and DAX and operated FT8 using his radio but with all the software on my computer.

Lots of fun! Great software you guys have developed. Can't wait to see what's next?

Harold

W5ZZT

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Good Stuff Harold

Just remember that if something changes to make sure the IP address of the radio hasn’t changed and that your port forwards still point to the same IP address.

We see this a lot when a manual configuration is created and then 18 months later it fails for some reason. First place to look. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.