Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Poor Service issues

I'll probably get band for this:

Well 2 tickets later and the issues are still there a Please wait screen and long boot times on a NEW 6600M.
First response was turn on the 12 volts and wait 5 min to turn on the 6600M. Not acceptable.
Second response was it's your internet.
I don't use smartlink.
My internet provider should have nothing to do with the boot times.
My 6400M works just fine.
Its like service does not want to address the problem.
Got 3 days left on the 30 day purchase return policy, think I'll return it and try other brands of radios.
I like the flex but not the service.

No it not Tim he always address the issue and was right up front. Whether it was my fault or not, aka user head space error.

Rob K8YV

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Rob

This is not the venue for getting this resolved. If you want to escalate this, please email info@flexradio.com and I will forward it to our VP.

However, for the first response, it is required in order for the tablet (Windows Embedded) to finish its file systems checks before bringing the radio online. In this case, the radio is working as designed. Do we wish it was better, yes, and we continue to review methods to improve this part of the startup cycle.

The workaround is to not turn off your 12VDC supply. This may not be something you are willing to do and we understand that.

As for the 2nd part, I am not able to comment, but it sounds like it might be related to the DHCP server not handling the requests for IP addresses correctly (I have not read your case notes-I am not in a position to log into the Helpdesk system this morning). Not all routers are created equal sadly. Some work better than others.

You are correct, you do not need the internet if you are not using SmartLink.

If you need another week to try things out, you can email us and ask.

This discussion has been closed.