Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ham Radio Deluxe not reading frequency off my Flex 6600 with SSDR 3.2.39 on Windows 10

Just converted from the "free" Simon Brown version of HRD to the paid one. Cannot get HRD to read the frequency off of my Flex. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

What com port do you have created in SmartSDR CAT?

Make sure you select SmartSDR and the com port listed in CAT. Try 38,400 baud 8,n,1.

Dave wo2x

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Just tried that. No joy. Thing I just noticed is that my Woodbox S-Meter is also having the same problem. It may get some frequency value from the radio but doesn't track. Thanks.

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Just tried disabling REMOTE. Now it works! It works slowly but it works (within about 10 seconds). I note that the frequency readout on Woodbox Radio S-Meter refreshes much faster. Thanks everyone.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Bill, this does work. It sounds like you don't have enough CAT ports created in SmartSDR CAT.

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭

I am having a different problem. I brought on a new computer (WIN 11). Everything seems to work except HRD and an occasional flop by WJST vis Slice master. I think the two issues are related. CAT indicates that Slice is not present, I tried adding and new com port and I get the same message. SO the blue box that says auto switch is red. I've tried a couple of small things but I want some guidance, so I don't **** things up that the radio won't work locally. All of a sudden Slicemaster no longer give me a radio either.

\TNX and HNY! Pat de KA4VNM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are using HRD and SliceMaster, connection via a Com port is not required.

If you try to use SmartSDR CAT via an RS232 connection and the SliceMaster connection at the same time, results will be unpredictable. Delete the standard HRD RS232 connection as it isn't required.

SliceMaster will do the connection directly and auto switch your live band as your change your tX focus.

In HRD Logbook. This is the outbound connection to SliceMaster on Port 7810

This is the inbound connection to SliceMaster. In my case, I am using port 7810 (it is just a random number that is not used by any other TCP connection).

I think you'll find that works just fine.

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭

Follow up. I discovered the problem. Auto switch is now working but receive streams were not. Interesting fix, DAX on the flag to None then back 1 switched the stream on, even though the menu on the left side had 1 selected already. Strange, probably some reason but in the end I now have HRD, SliceMaster and WJST working! Better lucky than smart sometimes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.