Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PayPal Credit

Options
Does Flexradio accept payment using PayPal Credit for a NEW Flex 6400. I'm getting dizzy looking at endless ads of used equipment, and legacy radios.
Thanks
Fred KC4MOP

Best Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just call sales and ask. The Company has their own credit just doesn't work in all states.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would still call Sales and see what their current policy is... I have both a Paypal Debit Card that taps my account when I have funds from sales which would be a no brainer. Plus always have Paypal credit emailing wanting to borrow me money. The payments go to Paypal after the loan. So see what they say tomorrow. Obviously you already checked into their financing program. Good Luck with things.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I certainly DO NOT trust Review sites! Always someone's opinion and not actual facts.

Never had a problem with Pay-Pal since EBAY first introduced it many years ago.

Answers

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for guidance. The financing from Bread is a killer on interest. A monthly payment I can afford will get me almost $400 in interest. I'll move on.
  • sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    I appreciate your time and I will call FlexRadio tomorrow about making arrangements with PayPal. You're correct about constant mail about loaning money.
  • wp4oxg
    wp4oxg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well I purchased my 6400 a couple of months ago and paid it with PayPal credit. I would check again however as things tend to change these times.
  • wp4oxg
    wp4oxg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Checking their web site again, they have that they accept PayPal Credit here: https://www.flexradio.com/purchasing-programs/
  • sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You Thank You Erika and WP4OXG.......As I went through filling in the information and got to payment PayPal popped up and I selected 6 mos option to pay it off with no interest. Thanks. I don't know what was happening earlier. GOD BLESS. I'll have a NEW Flex 6400 eventually. No worries about any previous ownership issues or older more complex legacy radios.
  • Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

I have stopped using Paypal-(see their ratings below) and send funds directly to one's bank account.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

Missing link showing Paypal ratings

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.paypal.com

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Mr Radio...I have used PayPal pretty heavily since 1999 and never a glitch. For some reason, if you're an eBay seller; they want to deposit money direct into your bank, instead of working through PayPal. They basically bailed me out on this purchase of the 6400 on a pay later basis. When I resume work in Sept; the radio will be paid off within 6mos easily.
  • Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

I have stopped using Paypal-(see their ratings below) and send funds directly to one's bank account.

Tom

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2021
    Options

We use PayPal as our bank and we don't have an issue with them after reviewing many many banks.

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    Everything is just wonderful. PayPal pay later worked and a NEW Flex 6400 coming my way.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new rig as much as I have enjoyed mine for the past year and a half. To have the same interface to the radio whether you are local or remote is really great (I am remote at the moment, and really having fun alternating between fishing and hamming).

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks KD0RC.....I have wonderful memories of an SDR1000. A lot of magical pieces and special soundcard; but it was a fabulous radio. A lot of latency but better than the typical Ham transceiver box. Then I got homesick for another SDR and made a terrible mistake to bid on a Ten Tec SDR (from an auction site) that didn't need a computer. Brought back those nice memories of fabulous performance and audio (RX...TX) and top notch receiver.Then 160M band quit transmitting. 30A of 13.8 vdc when I keyed and NO RF output. Sitting at the Ten Tec service for the last 3 mos. I'm just gonna flip the dam thing when it's repaired. Looking forward to a well established company ( FlexRadio) to bring back those SDR memories. I don't care that I'm using a computer as a radio. All that front panel stuff of knobs and bandscope and displays HURT$$$,,,,,,OH! and this particular model of Ten Tec SDR has a bandscope but it is not real time. So out it goes. I hope there is not a forever waiting time for the Flex6400. Sorry for blathering here....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.