Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer

Options
I've got a few CW Skimmer issues that you might be able to help with. One relates to configuration radio settings, one for audio settings, and one related to launching CW Skimmer.

1 - In settings, what radio are you using? Right now, the only one that either displays a signal or displays on the correct frequency is the 3khz. On field day, Slicemaster loaded up something different, as it had a full screen height window, and everything seemed as it should. I did not take note of the radio selection at the time. Now it loads up the 3khz radio, which is really not useful for any contest.

2. In audio settings, I have the following:
Signal I/O Device - 03 DAX Audio RX1 (FlexRadio Syste
Audio I/O Device - 03 DAX RESERVED IQ RX1 (FlexRadio
With my limited understanding of FlexRadio I/O, this doesn't seem correct. What are you using?
Also, I see eight DAX Audio RX_ devices, while on my 6400, there would/should only need 2 RX. Why so many?

3. I am now no longer able to launch CW Skimmer without using Slicemaster. It will launch to the task bar, but will not launch the full app and UI. Tried uninstall and reinstall with zero change. Thoughts?
While Slicemaster launches CWS ok, it does so as minimized in the task bar. Unlike the scenario in 2 above, I am able to select it and display as a normal window.
What does Slicemaster do that cannot be done easily through configuration?

I know, a lot of questions, but wanted to keep this together as I believe it is addressed by one or two adjustments.

Thanks!

Comments

• WI9Q
    WI9Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Some improvements:
    Item 1: The SoftRock hardware type definitely works now, on frequency, with the same behavior I was seeing on Field Day. Oh, and as has been mentioned in other posts, 48KHz is the preferred sampling rate.

Item 2:
    Signal I/O - 06 DAX IQ RX 1 (FlexRadio Systems
    Audio I/O - 02 DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 4 (FlexRa <= doesn't seem right to use RX 4. Haven't tried RX 1 since it's working better.
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You set the DAX audio channel # and DAX IQ # in SSDR, and that must match your program (i.e. Slicemaster/skimmer) input.

My humble guess about 8 DAX channels is that DAX is not rig type aware, and the 8 channels is only needed for the 6700 :) But I assume you can choose any of the 8 to be the audio stream you want.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.