Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio 6700 and Acom 700s amplifier

I own a Flexradio 6700 and an Acom 700s amplifier with an Acom O4AT antennatuner.
Bought and made several USB to serial cables to make a CAT connection, but nothing will work. Changing the frequency on the Flexradio wil not result in changing the frequency on the Acom amplifier.
I've seen the movies on the internet how to connect and config the amp and the flex, RS232, BCD etc. they don's work. The usb cable works fine according the flex (HI),
My question: does anyone have a configuration above and does the CAT connection work?
PSE tell me how.

Comments

• Mark K0JM
    Mark K0JM Member ✭✭

I use a 600s and assume the 700s would be similar. I have followed this procedure:

Be sure to use a FDMI USB to serial converter!

• [{"insert":"Mark, I have seen this video but it does not work. \n\n"}]
  • halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭
    I'm running a 6600M and CAT controlling my Acom 700S which in turn controls my Acom 04AT tuner. Let me know how I can help.
  • Robert PA5A
    Robert PA5A Member
    Problem is solved, tested a new cable with different PIN connections
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭

Good to see the problem was resolved with a new cable wired to the right pins

Is it possible for the 6600 radio to power the ACOM amp on and off ? via the RS232 port I guess as the 6600 radio is turned on and off the ACOM amp also powers on and off / or is there another way

I have tried ACOM Director Plus and it can turn the ACOM amp off but not back on

Paul M0AIA

• Hal Massey
    Hal Massey Member ✭✭
    Paul, checkout Acom Director Plus software. A Flex was not designed to be a computer providing overall control of other devices. The Flex architecture expects some other computer running Windows, MacOS, etc. to control the Flex and other station accessories...
  • M0MDS
    M0MDS Member ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Flex 6500 and and Acom 700S, plus the O40T ATU / antenna switch. In reply to the above comments, I have found the Acom controller software works much better than director for the 700S

I noticed recently the atu tune function no longer works as it should, has anyone else had similar issues.

In order to get the Acom ATU to tune, I have to set the cat feature to off in the amplifier, and then tune manually.

Mike

M0MS

• Luis
    Luis Member
    Hello everyone, I work with a Flex 6400, an Acom 1200s and the 04 tuner. The combination 6400 and Acom 1200s works very well with the CAT interface! There were problems when connecting the tuner! When controlling the tuner via the Acom 1200, the 6400 was controlled directly. The flex was set to 30W and went on the air...without power! After that, any frequency was set on the TX and the Smart SDR software froze. A restart has not been possible since then :-( Does anyone have an idea 73
  • dl6cq
    dl6cq Member, Unconfirmed
    Hi!

@Luis You have to perform a factory reset with the Flexradio.
    I went into the same trouble. Only resetting to factory defaults made my Flex work again.

Andy, DL6CQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.