Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Personalised filters

Terry G4POP
Terry G4POP Member ✭✭

I would love the filters to be able to be personalised and saved by the user.

Having to constantly adjust the pre-set filters but with no way to save the settings to the existing buttons is infuriating and time wasting.

Every pre-set filter has the lower edge set to 100hz and with damaged hearing I need that set to about 200hz so I am having to constantly change it almost every time I click on a filter width.

de G4POP

4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

If this is referring to the receive bandwidth and cutoff points, one way to address it currently is with the memories in FRStack. Each memory used will recall the high and low cutoff points. This allows setting ranges more preciesly than the presets. Due to my hearing loss, I set the low cutoff to about 300hz and the upper to about 3000hz. Saving this to a memory, per band for example, sets the range when the memory is recalled. I have the receive eq set to give a little boost at 1k and 2k.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Terry, that is a great idea. A setting screen that would allow setting high and low boundaries by mode would be very welcome.

• Terry G4POP
    Terry G4POP Member ✭✭

John KB8DU

Yes I am aware that FRStack provides this but, firstly it should be included in SmartSDR and secondly I try to avoid using bridging software, no mater how good it might be!

SmartSDR needs some re-thinking in some areas like band changing should not be hidden in a menu it should be immediately accessible, less expensive radios include my two requirements.

73 Terry G3POP

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

With my 6600M, I can change the band, mode and bandwidth all in under two seconds.

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

I think your answer here is FRStack. It's free and in my opinion the most useful add on to the Flex. It does a bunch of 'stuff' with a well laid out UI.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.