Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL shipped to early PGXL buyer

Just received Tuner Genius XL PO shipment notification with Fed-x tracking number (early PGXL purchaser Promo).

Dewey, WØYWW

Comments

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

That's great news Dewey. Just curious, when did you take delivery of your PG-XL?

Butch, KF4HR

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

PGXL PO was Feb 2017

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Dewey... Great to hear. I was at the same timeframe. Orlando Hamfest February 2017. Getting excited...

Richard - N4RWG

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

error correction: Tracking # is for UPS, not Fed-X delivery

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

David,

Congrat's and TNX for the update. I should get mine soon as it was at the same time.... Hmmmmm Will watch the video as you vid's are quite informative.

Richard - N4RWG

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rich

I am finishing up a quick start video with Power Genius, 6600m, and 4O3A 2x8 antenna switch integration.

If anyone needs assistance please ask. If I cannot answer then probably others will be able to help. The setup with Flex and 4O3A equipment is straightforward and intuitive.

Been comparing the tuner to my HF Auto. Needless to say the HF Auto is going to be sold.

Dave wo2x

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Dave.... Looks easy as most of the FRS is to update their units.... I too have an HF Auto that, if like you, comes up short of the TGXL's Offerings then it too will be on the block. TNX for the Video. Now I just need the unit. No Shipping Notice yet but I suspect any day now..... 73's es Enjoy

Richard - N4RWG

• David Decoons, wo2x

I will be posting the setup and configuration video tonight

Dave wo2x

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭

For all those anxious Flex owners waiting for some time for the Tuner Genius XL. THEY ARE COMING! Ordered mine at Dayton in 2017 and received it today. Very exciting.☺️

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

I guess I contact Flex today as I ordered my PGXL in February 2017 at the Orlando Hamfest. Dayton is in May... HMMMM Flex!

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Contacted and answered.... ACCEPTABLE!

• David Decoons, wo2x

Wayne, are you sure it was Dayton and not Hamcation? I ordered the PG XL at Orlando. I did a video of it with Ranko.

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭

I attended both Hamfest that year. My charge for the PGXL deposit was June, 2017. Perhaps I "signed up" at Orlando, but the charge was in June.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

Could be worse I just ordered mine maybe by XMas I will have it.

Which version did you guys go with SO2R or the other 3 Antenna unit?

How many of you also run Antenna Genius with the Tuner Genius?

Ian

• David Decoons, wo2x

I have the SO2R and 2x8 Antenna Genius

Dave wo2x

• K5UFO
    K5UFO Member ✭✭

Received TGXL SN #00100 today via UPS.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

My TGXL out for delivery today.

Quick question to the owners: Manual suggest to tune with 20w. Meaning to have PA in standby mode (PGXL in my case).

What will happen in case of operator mistake. Let's say you can go to the frequency where you did not tune yet with high SWR, and you tune with much higher power. Does it through some protection message and stops? Will it try to tune with high power, what is the risk?

Thanks

• David Decoons, wo2x

If you use the TUNE button from the front of the tuner or the Windows Tuner Genius app it puts the Power Genius to standby while tuning.

If you use the TUNE button in SmartSDR or Maestro it DOES NOT put the Power Genius to standby.

This is with 3.2.39 SmartSDR.

Use the TUNE button on Tuner or Tuner Genius app.

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Dave,

You partially answered the question :) Does it have protection for the 2nd scenario if you click Tune from SmartSDR with PGXL ON? Does it have an interlock to stop TX if high power applied during Tune?

Thanks

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

It will immediately stop transmitting and produce a High SWR message. (Voice of stooge experience!)

Bill AB7AA

• David Decoons, wo2x

Bill is correct,

if you hit TUNE from SmartSDR with the amp in operate with a high SWR you do get the HIGH SWR message on PG XL and it stops transmitting.

Just learn to use the button on tuner or tuner app. You can also use a Stream Deck and/or Node Red. But NOT the tune button in SmartSDR. I do not know what the timeframe is for Flex to incorporate the TG XL tune function into SmartSDR. The TUNE button in SmartSDR is designed to generate a steady carrier. The ATU button is what is used for the internal tuner, not the TUNE button.

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Ok, received and connected my TGXL.

Tune pretty good on 160m and 30m, but on 6m i am getting big red alarm "Low Power" and it would do nothing. What is the trick for 6m. I have 1.5 SWR on 6m and not necessary I need it, but wanted to learn and test on all bands. I tried 20w and 30watts with the same results.

Thanks

Sergey

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Sergey,

I have found that once I get that message, I need to push the Tune button again...maybe several times. Seems to work for me then.

Bill AB7AA

• David Decoons, wo2x

Sergey. Try doing a reset of the tuner the. Set it up again. Hold the Operate button while turning on the rear switch. Continue to hold the Operate button until it says Reset Config.

If that does not work then open a Help Desk ticket with Flex support.

Dave wo2x

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Dave, I did power cycle everything and did a Tuner Reset - did not help. Will open support ticket :(

Sergey

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Sorry Dave, false alarm - operator error. I forgot that power level from Maestro is not the same as Tune level from SSDR. It was 10 watts settings for tune in SSDR. All it took is a break for dinner and scratch my head :)

As soon as I put Tune level in SSDR to 20W, it tunes just fine on 6m. Will continue to test and learn and I am not guarantee I will not come with some other "****" question :)

Thanks

Sergey

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

And here is a following question

Do you see the similar Power outputs on PGXL vs TGXL - on image below - PGXL push 602watts on 6m and TGXL getting 468watts, about 134 watts loss?

On different power levels i see different delta, this is just an example while i TX on 6m.

Thanks

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭

I had the same issues on first set up (PTT Line error) but a hard reset of the TGXL fixed that.

The only question I have is with the utility and the band configuration. I have the SO2R model with both ports selected in the utility, but in the band configuration box I am not seeing tabs for ports A and B; only a single configuration box.

Tim VE6SH

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Tim,

Interesting, initially i had both ports A and B in Band configurator, after i did a full reset - I do not have them, only that window

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.