Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink reset attempt?...

Mike Agnew
Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Hello. I am trying to resolve an issue with iOS on my iPad whereby I am to reset my TCP and UDP port forwarding to "manual" rather than automatic in my radio setup. I also need to disable and then re-able Smartlink settings after this change is made. However, I'm not finding a way to NOT disconnect my radio from Smartlink so that I can give it a "hard key" from the radio to re-initiate the process.

Any suggestions most appreciated!

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Mike

I am not sure if I responded to you on another posting or not since I have done so many this morning.

We seem to get this all the time, however, I can honestly say the fully automatic mode is by far the most reliable method to handle SmartSDR/SmartLink networking.

• UPNP turned on on the router
    • Flex Radio in Automatic mode
    • Reboot both the Router and radio - this clears bad ports on the router and also ensures that the radio sends a new request to the router
    • Now, follow Chapter 9 in the SmartSDR manual on setting up SL (or watch the online video on YouTube)
    • Now, you should be able to log into your router and look for the UPnP tab and there should be a list of UPnP clients. 2 entries will be directed to the IP address of the radio.

Almost all the time, when we get involved, it is related to a mishmash of automatic operation and manual operation. When the guys turn it all back to fully automatic, things work so much better. And, the advantage is that if it ever gets messed up, all you have to do is reboot the radio and the router.

Now, if you fully understand networks, ports, UDP and TCP packets, then running fully manual works, but since you are your own IT person, you can debug it when it fails.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.