Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cant connect

KI4P
KI4P Member ✭✭

hey folks, dumped the comcast cable modem/router and now cant get flex on line, switched to a netgear c6250. i think but not sure i had it on static ip. so big question is how do i get it going. i know its a ignorant thing, but i guess we or ill learn. have upnp on, not sure else what to tell. please help!

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If the radio had a static IP and you changed routers, chances are the new router has a different subnet.

Just one more reason to not use static IPs but rather DHCP reservations. For instances like this where you have to change the router and possibly have the PC on a different subnet than the radio.

Probably the old subnet was 192.168.1.x and the Netgear uses 192.168.0.x subnet.

Rich, email me with your number and I'd be willing to help with TeamViewer.

73 Dave wo2x

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Also, bypass the router for a test. May help the troubleshooting.

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

wonder if i do a hard reset if that would reset the network settings

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Richard

Why not just hook up the old, original router to the Flex and a computer with Smart SDR.....nothing else. The old router knows the Flex IP and will connect to it.

You can now go to the Flex Settings on Smart SDR and change the network to DHCP.....Then remove the old router and connect to the new router.

Alan. WA9WUD

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

What a head on you Alan! 😀 Thank you so much for that suggestion! did that, just hooked up the router part, it came right up, reset flex to dhcp, plugged network back into netgear and woolaa! cant thank you enough! 73's and have a great day. thanks again for the help!!!!!

Richard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.