Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using a mechanical Bug or SK with a Maestro?

GERRYV
GERRYV Member ✭✭
I am confused by what I am reading. Can I or Not use a Bug or SK with a Maestro. I am considering buying one but, hesitant if this condition exists. If so, is there a workaround for it?
Gerry, W0GV

Best Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓

A straight key with the Maestro is no problem. As a bug is also a make/break key, it should work as well. However, you need to go into a menu to switch between iambic keying and a straight key.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If it’s a real mechanical bug, it plugs in and is seen as a straight key.

• GERRYV
    GERRYV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks to both for the quick response
  • GERRYV
    GERRYV Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, look forward to ordering but, if I am reading the website correctly, maestros are not available until Fall.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If I remember correctly, there is a slight bug when using a straight key with the Maestro vs the radio.

It will be in the settings and you may have to do a Reverse on the Maestro if I remember correctly. (it has been a while).

But, yes, it does work.

• GERRYV
    GERRYV Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the advise, it helps me a lot.
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

I switch back and forth from a SK and paddle all the time with my Maestro. There is an iambic “Enable/Disable” button in the CW menu. It’s easy to get to and works fine. No problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.