Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius setup and config video

David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi all

I documented the setup and configuration of my Tuner Genius XL with the Flex 6600m, Power Genius, and 4O3A 2x8 switch.

Here’s the video.

Dave wo2x

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Nicely done Dave! Your Flex on Flex setup is really cool. I am not dissatisfied with my Flexicraft station (Flex 6400 and KPA500/KAT500 combo), but I am envious of your all Flex station - it is really top shelf!

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

I noticed that in settings you can change the hex address of the icom radios. Has this been tested with various baud rates? If so and it works with multiple devices on the CUV line can this feature be added to the PGXL windows app?

by the way nice video!!

Peter

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭

This is Awesome !! Thanks Dave ... this is my station exactly ... the only hole in the shack is the TGXL.

I can NOT wait to have my TGXL delivered

73 Ian VE3JI

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

A very informative presentation, I watched it with interest!

TNX, Tom SP7WT

• David Decoons, wo2x

@W2PP I am going to try and borrow an Icom radio to test the CI-V interface. Worst case my friend is bringing his IC-9700 to Field Day, maybe test with that.

Dave wo2x

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭

The TGXL should handle any CI-V interface. The interface software has been completely rewritten.

Mack

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Hey Mack great news! Will the PGXL benefit as well??

Peter

• Mack W4AX

Dave, who handles the PGXL firmware, is aware of the changes.

Mack

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

As stated before this Video is outstanding and very informative for the SO2R Unit. Is there anything planned for the 1X3 Unit? Not having mine yet... (Hint) it might help clear up the initial set up issues one might have.

Richard - N4RWG

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Rich,

I have not seen the setup for the 1x3 but I would think the only difference would be the band configuration tab. Instead of connecting to a 2x8 antenna switch you would most likely define what antenna port per band to use and also define portions of the band to bypass the tuner.

If anyone gets the 1x3 and would like me to connect via TeamViewer and help, please email me direct. I am good on QRZ.

Dave wo2x

• Mack W4AX

Dave,

Correct, everything else is identical.

Mack

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭

Question for Mack or Flex- The set up for TGXL is slightly different then PGXL for non-Flex transceivers. I had problems initially setting up the ICOM 7610 to the PGXL. I learned on the PGXL to set the radio to ICOM 775 and the appropriate CiV settings on the 7610 and the two communicate. The TGXL only has "ICOM" and has a third setting for CiV (0-9?). How do I configure the TGXL for the ICOM 7610---I am using the same CiV date so it's important that it matches the PGXL setting of ICOM 775. Please help.

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭

Sorry-I solved the problem. Very slick enhancement to add the CiV address to the TGXL settings--what a simple setup now. Thanks but you need to explain that to others-it was not obvious at first.

• Mack W4AX

Wayne,

i’m going to solved the configuration. We will make sure to add this to the manual.

Mack

• DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭

Great video!!! Although I ordered the 1x3 version, apparently the setup is the same. Your video really makes it straightforward for me. Thank you!

Currently I use the Green Heron Antenna switching 2x8 device, but I think I may order the Antenna Genius simply for congruence and station simplicity ???

Still waiting on my Tuner Genius but this really helps!

Keith

KJ8DO

• David Decoons, wo2x

Glad you enjoyed it.

not sure of your desired configuration or how many antennas you have. If you want to do SO2R and have a 6600 or 6700 you might want to upgrade to the SO2R tuner.

Not sure what radio or radios you have.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.