Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Crackling Isssues

Options
Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

I remember having this same issue a while back. I recently updated my Windows 10 computer to the most current build. I am having issues now, with the v3.2.39 and previous install version, the same crackling of audio on the DAX ports. I have rebooted. I completely uninstalled all Flex software using the Revo Uninstaller and removing all associated files I and the program could find. I installed the newest installer just a little bit ago and continue to have the same crackling of the audio. I recallsomeone going into the installer folders and running some files there prior, I did the same, I believe registry files. No fix found. The way I was able to correct the problem before was to do a FULL re-install of windows on the hard drive. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN. Any suggestions? I need clear audio from the DAX channels to utilize the software I run, without it being clear and clean the software is totally useless.

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glenn, have you checked your computer for high DPC latency? (Deferred Procedure Call)?

This tool: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Can check.

I was having a problem with DAX just quitting. I ran this tool and found a LOT of things that were pushing the latency up way into the high yellow and red.

The program can suggest items that may need driver updates. With a few driver updates I got the latency down to the high green and DAX was mostly happy after that.

Not sure if this will help you but its worth a shot.

• Roy_W5TKZ
    Roy_W5TKZ Member
    Options
    Glenn, you might also try running--

SCAN REPAIR CORRUPTED SYSTEM FILES WITH SFC /SCANNOW

This is how you can run an SFC scan in Windows.

Be signed in to computer as Administrator.

Press the Windows key + X to open the main menu.

Click Windows PowerShell (Admin).

When Command Prompt opens, enter sfc /scannow and press Enter. (Yes, there is a space between sfc and / ).

The repair process will now start. ( this takes a while but you have a percent counter to show progress.)

Good luck,

Roy - W5TKZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.