Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice focus with N3FJP logging programs

Options
Do the latest versions of SmartSDR, WSJT-X and N3FJP resolve the problem of logging from multiple slices?
I'm trying to use SmartSDR, WSJT-X and N3FJP (ACL and FD) loggers with multiple slices. I can't seem to get the log to follow the active slice.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
73, Jim

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Amen to that question. Would love to have ACL / FD loggers follow an active slice. Can’t say I have tried this yet.

• Froemke
    Froemke Member
    Options
    After 2 days of struggling with ACL and FlexRadio 6000 with two slices (running WSJT-X on each) I've decided to forgo trying to log WSJT-X directly into ACL. I'll just use the WSJT-X built-in logger and then import into ACL after the fact. IMO with or without JTAlert-x; SmartSDR, WSJT-X and ACL aren't compatible for real-time logging when all three programs are running within my laptop. I assume the same is true with the N3FJP FD program.

Having said that, I'm using ACL to track the mode and frequency from the FlexRadio Maestro (radio control panel with knobs and buttons) as I manually enter the SSB & CW QSO station data while both SmartSDR slices (running WSJT-X) are using the WSJT-X built-in log.

Now to get this all working with the N3FJP FD log (same scenario as above).
    Jim, K0MHC
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is what I do with HRD. it isn't a slick software solution, but it does work and I had all the stuff in my junk box.

On the radio, I have an RS232/USB cable plugged into the back of the radio and set to follow the transmitter focus.

That cable is then connected to another RS232/USB cable connected to the computer and joined with a Null Modem adapter.

HRD is setup to follow with a 'Kenwood' radio on the Serial port of the same device of the PC.

Now, HRD follows my transmit focus.

We do have an RFE entered for this as a Software configuration in SmartSDR CAT, but that is in the future still.

I hope that helps. 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.