Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to install SmartSDR_v3.2.39 on Windows 10 laptop

Options
I uninstalled v3.1.12 before starting the install process and performed a reboot. After downloading v3.2.39, accepting default installation options, when I click the final install button I see a quick flash of a CMD window in the background and the install quits. No install directories created, no programs installed. Plenty of free space and ran full AV scan with nothing found.

I've tried running as Administrator but same results. I've downloaded and installed v3.2.39 with no issues on 2 other computers. Can't figure out my issue on this laptop.

Any ideas?

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good Evening:

Did you follow this process when you uninstalled SmartSDR?

73, Ronald, W4RJF

• KE7JIM
    KE7JIM Member
    Options
    Yes, all uninstall steps were performed. I even cleaned registry entries for FlexRadio.
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎11/‎10/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1055
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

See attachment for last few installed patches.

Any other ideas?
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Jim, you might want to submit a helpdesk ticket. The Flex folks have seen a lot of install anomalies, and can probably get you going again pretty quickly.

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    Options

From Mike’s email to me

Worked for me Same symptoms

Tom

2) We have had a few reports from individuals who needed to run the installer in “Compatibility Mode.”

Here is a procedure that worked for other customers who have had this issue:

Right-Click on the installer file.

Click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

Click on "Try Recommended Settings"

and follow the directions.

• KE7JIM
    KE7JIM Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Compatibility suggestion. That worked!

Jim
    KE7JIM
  • KE7JIM
    KE7JIM Member
    Options
    Well I spoke too soon. Everything installed but when I connect via SmartLink I have an issue with DAX drivers. I've followed the information from here:
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers

But still encountering DAX driver error.
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    Options

No SmartSDR works if you shut off auto run DAX.

That was also part of my problem. Since you are also having the DAX problem contact Tim.

He Teamviewed my computer and fixed the corrupted DAX.

Your almost there.

Tom

NA7AA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.