Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd Profile Behavior

My 6400, running version 2.4.10, was acting strangely; no RF power out in tune, WSJT-X in FT8 tune mode showed audio in SmartSDR but no RF out. I closed SmartSDR and rebooted the Windows machine. After a restart all of my profiles were missing. I tried to import saved profiles; I selected "All" but I could not select TX profiles. After a minute or two "Importing..." the operation seemed to have completed but there were no profiles in Profile Manager.

I created a new Mic profile and saved it, I created a new TX profile and saved it. Both appear in the profile list.

But, when I try to create a new Global profile and save it nothing appears in the list.

Any clues???

Thanks,

Geoff, AB6BT

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Geoff, I would try a factory reset. Once it reboots after that, see if it behaves normally. If it does, try to import your profiles and try it again. If it acts up again, you may have a corrupt profile.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Len, I'll give it a shot.

Geoff, AB6BT

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

That seems to have worked.

Gremlins or cosmic rays???

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Excellent!

Hard to say... The first word of SDR is Software, so you can expect occasional glitches. I keep my profiles backed up pretty regularly so that I can easily recover in the event of problems. No problems yet with my 6400, other than a couple of self-inflicted issues while learning the API and C++.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.