Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M - have you seen this?

Options

I had my 6600m on all day and was operation and was operation from the computer. The front panel was showing the Mutiflex screen. I am running the latest software.

When I was done for the day I pushed the button to yurn off the radio. I heard the sound that the radio was off but the front panel stayed on. The screen was unresponsive. I turn the radio on and off again but the front panel still stayed on. I finally disconnected the power plug from the radio, waited 30 seconds, and hooked it back up. All is good now.

I have just never seen this in the almost 3 years I have had the radio. Anyone else seen this on their M models?

Harold

W5ZZT

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It likely got confused or maybe took a power bump to cause that. It sounds like your power cycling resolved the issue.

I don't think it is anything to worry about at this time unless it happens all the time.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have had this happen maybe two times, randomly. What has happened is the “M” portion of the 6600M, the Windows tablet, has crashed or hung - Windows can do that now and again.

The only solution is to turn the radio off, wait a bit for all processes to stop (I wait a minute), unplug the power, wait a bit, plug in the power, wait a minute or two and turn the radio on. That resets everything, including the front panel.

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Are you following the suggested sequence for starting and stopping the radio? If you remove DC power before the radio is fully shut down it can cause issues.

Dave wo2x

The Correct Power Up and Power Down Sequence for "M" Model Radios – FlexRadio

• Holger Hannemann
    Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭
    Options

I do have a different issue with my 6600M after update to SW 3.2.39.

When connecting from remote I see the radio as available but neither SSDR nor CAT or DAX services can connect to the radio after hitting "connect". A failure message comes up after a while. Only once I was able to connect & operate from remote. When I hover the mouse over the DAX or CAT window before connecting it says radio is in use by IP **** which is the 6600M display IP address.

73 Holger, ZL3IO

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Holger Hannemann That sounds like your firewall is limiting your outbound connections for CAT and DAX as those are different programs.

Have a look in that area first.

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, I just saw this. I've been power cycling my 6600M remotely by turning off the 13.8v power supply when I have a problem. It seems that this is not a good thing to do. I also have a short on the "remote on" RCA socket on the back, so when I turn the power supply back on, the radio powers up.

If I connect the "remote on" through a relay to ground (that I can cotrol remotely) instead of the permanent short, would this be the correct thing to do? Then I would first apply 13.8 volts to the radio, wait a while for internal processors to reach a stable state, then close the relay to start the radio.

Does opening the "remote on" connection correctly power down the radio like pushing the power button on the front panel?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Les, Yes to both questions.

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Les, my understanding is that yes, operating the “remote on” function using a relay is in effect exactly the same as pressing the button on the front panel on the hardware.

I have been doing this with my 6700, together with another relay to turn on the 13.8 Volt DC power to the Rig, for more than five years now without a problem.

Winston VK7WH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.