Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius Integrated

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Antenna Genius

There is no category for posting about the antenna genius here on Flex Community so I'm posting it here.

Slowly but surely I'm piecing together various parts of my system automation. I received my antenna genius just a week or so ago and 4o3a made the protocol available so I am able to monitor and control it from my Mac:

I have not spruced up the UI much but at the bottom left are my antenna genius controls. The little asterisks designate the current selected antenna.

Now I just need a place where I can put up 8 antennas! 😀

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Very nice! Similar to what we have done with Node Red. If you need help with the API protocol let me know.

Dave wo2x

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I'm been hoping for integration primarily into the Maestro first so to make antenna selection, then eventually as panel in SmartSDR. This really becomes an issue when you have and want to select from multiple antenna an each band. I've requested this a very long time ago as the utility works fine if you are running SmartSDR on a computer, but useless using a Maestro.

• David Decoons, wo2x

Mike,

I emailed you a link for updated Node Red flow to resolve the missing antenna names.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Wow, very nice and you posted it in the right place!

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Thank you Dave, those node updates surely did improve response.

• David Decoons, wo2x

Great! Glad it worked.

Now on to the next project :-)

73 Dave wo2x

• is this Antenna Genius App for the iOS located in a repository some where?

Or is this simply Node-Red stuff

Which as of yet I have had dismal luck getting to work in my station, beyond "Hello World"

Steve

KG5VK

• Kurt Zwerger
    Kurt Zwerger Member ✭✭
    I need an additional antenna switch and would like install the Genius 8x1. Due to the fact that my station is remoted and I use Maestro and I have all stuff based on IOS/MAC, I am really uncertain if I should proceed with the Genius antenna switch solution. Any recomandation?
  • Hi Mark, long time no see. That is great news because I’m just in the process of bulging a remote shack, with an antenna genius (and rotor genius). The shack pc is a Windows PC, but at home I’ll connect using a Mac Mini, so native MacOS software is always welcome.

I do use Node Red and will still use it, but the more options available the better.

73, Santiago

HI8O (former HI8SMX)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I moved this to the AG category

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.