Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Reception thru ANT1 or ANT2 but Yes thru XVTR

I am running a Flex 6300 and today the radio suddenly has no reception through either ANT1 or ANT2 ports. I do get reception through XVTR port however.

Also, when I key the transmitter out through ANT1 or ANT2 with a dummy load at 1 watt I get a high SWR.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Best,

W7PHG, Craig

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

When my 6400 does strange things, like no output power, reset usually fixes it. Sometimes it takes a “factory reset” (white power switch light) to get it to work correctly.

• Craig Gagner
    Craig Gagner Member ✭✭

Thanks; I tried a reset; that didn't work. However, I put a dummy load on ANT1 and a high SWR was returned. On a whim I hit the ATU button and the ATU made one click and rendered a low SWR. Everything seems to be working as should at this point.

Hmmm.....I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank You,

W7PHG, Craig

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭

Can you disable your ATU and run for awhile? [I know you can bypass your ATU.] Are the antennas all low enough SWR to run that way? Perhaps a relay was sticking in the ATU??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.