Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to connect a transverter

I did receive a nice little transverter for 144/432 Mhz, made in the Ukraine by UR3LMZ sold by EBAY. It came without any documentation and no part number.

1. It has 3 BNC connectors marked: ANT 144/430 MHz, ANT and TRX. How do I connect it to Flex 6600 and my antenna? . I am not 100% sure TRX means transverter and why do I need 3 connectors to go 2 places.
  2. Does any of you have experiance with such a transverter?

Amos 4X4MF

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

ANT 144/430 is for antenna(s) for those bands. TRX is for coax from transverter to antenna input on HF radio.

ANT is for HF antenna, if you want to keep a connection through the transverter. When the unit is off, the RF path is passed betweeen ANT and TRX and when it is on the ANT 144/430 is live instead.

A useful video can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGX4KcEMeM

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭

I did finally follow all instructions, connect the transverter and configure Flex 6600. I do manage to receive FT8 on 144.120MHz from a close by friend. The Flex 6600 seem to transmit but my friend does not receive anything. I did connect a 150Mhz capable SWR meter which does show zero power. I did use few untuned antennas and a dummy load. The transmitted signal does show on the waterfall. Any explanation?

Amos 4X4MF

• Erik Carling EI4KF

With the transverter in bypass or out of line, does the meter show power then to indicate that there is RF from the Flex? You would think that the issue is either power from Flex is too low/zero or transverter has correct input but no output.

• Amos Sobel
    Amos Sobel Member ✭✭
    • The power from the Flex 6600 transverter output is limited to 10dbm which are 10mW. This can not show on an SWR meter. This is probably not enough for the transverter to go into TX. The transverter spec does say:  "IF RF input power on 28mhz is 5 to 10Wt"
    • 1. Is that the case?
    • 2. Did anybody manage to use this transverter with Flex?

Amos 4X4MF

• Erik Carling EI4KF

Ah ok I connected mine to a Flex antenna port, not transverter port.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Check to see if the transverter has an attenuator in it, and remove it for use with the transverter output. Many of these inexpensive transverters have attenuators to make them compatible with standard transceiver 28 MHz output.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.