Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.5.23
Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10 | Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.1
Fundamental items missing from SSDR
While I am very please with my Flex 6400 and like its performance I find the SmartSDR software lacking a couple of essential features that are found on every commercially made amateur radio transceiver these days.
- Regardless of suggestions by the management team that clicking the waterfall is good enough the software really needs a CW Spot (Net/Tune) facility it is a huge oversight missed by many CW operators.
- A built in voice keyer to avoid the use of external programs for this function – This is a huge oversight when everyone of the major manufacturers include a voice keyer.
- The existing recorder is usefull but would be far better if the recordings could be saved for future transmission of to facilitate transmission of the file by email etc.
There are other shortcomings in the software but these are fundamental necessities.
73 de Terry G4POP
Log4OM Developer of free logging software for radio amateurs.
Leave a Comment
- 16.8K All Categories
- 86 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 189 The Flea Market
- 5.7K Software
- 5.1K SmartSDR for Windows
- 67 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 135 SmartSDR for Mac
- 162 SmartSDR for iOS
- 160 SmartSDR CAT
- 83 DAX
- 290 SmartSDR API
- 7.4K Radios and Accessories
- 6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 589 Maestro
- 18 FlexControl
- 751 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 235 Genius Products
- 174 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 59 Tuner Genius XL
- 2 Antenna Genius
- 62 Shack Infrastructure
- 32 Networking
- 130 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 63 Contesting
- 194 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 70 Amateur Radio Interests
- 477 Third-Party Software