Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

winkey2 not connected to FLEX6400, please help.

Cees
Cees Member ✭✭

I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong.

After purchasing a new PC, W10, I can no longer connecting my WinkeyUSB working with my FLEX6400. Winkey setup with COM11 as USB port works correctly, signal signs are audible. I think this is kind of a Stand Alone situation.

I also took a look at the Device Manager:

So far for the Winkey PC operation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio Setup

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAT setup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N1MM Configurer

With this configuration is the result

• My paddles and the Winkey keyer produces audible Morse characters but the FLEX does not transmit send a message.
  • Send a message with N1MM, the FLEX , yes connected with de FLEX

And one last question: Can you also work in split with N1MM with the correct FLEX settings, I'm also very curious about it

Regards,

Cees, PA3CVI

Comments

• Nian WU6P
    Nian WU6P Member
    Cees, I see your external winkeyer is com11, while in N1MM you just enabled the COM5 winkeyer, not COM11. It that the problem?
    73 Nian WU6P
  • Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Thank you Nian for taking the time to help me.

I'm trying to clarify for myself exactly how the configuration works. That is why I've, as it were, made the simplest Configuration where at least N1MM still works. In the N1MM configuration, at least the 3 COM ports, 4, 5 and 6, are required.

The relevant CAT setup that goes with this is for N1MM only COM6.

Serial USB COM port is set to 5

It is now clear to me that the USB Serial Port COM 5 and the serial virtual COM 6 are necessary for N1MM. At this point the winkey is still dead

As a second step I add the Winkey (P), (COM7) in the CAT list.

The question now is: what should I do with the so-called Winkey COM 7??

I kindly ask the members to think along with me in order to find a solution?

Regards, 73,

Cees, PA3CVI

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Cees

It looks like you have selected the wrong port in N1MM. Here is mine.

In your case, your WinKeyer is Com 7 and in N1MM it also needs to be Com 7 as the WinKeyer is built into the radio.

Give that a try.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Hi Mike, configuration exactly the same, but the Winkey, as they say to us, is ' as dead as a pier. Now I discover something brand new, why doesn't it work and did a Winkest with the result below:

As you can see I opened access to COM5 with OpenWK, according to the USB Serial Port (COM5) in the Device Manager. Now the Winkeyer has come to life, but when I close the WKtest program, it goes wrong. For me the question now is, how do I always keep the connection with SerialPort 5 open. I'm going to have a look at the Winkey documentation anyway.

73, Cees

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Cees

You have 2 winkeyers. The one in the radio on FlexRadio one on Com 7 and your USB one on Com 5. I can't help you with the Com 5 one since that is not a FlexRadio product. If it was my computer, I would try some of the Winkeyer test tools.

If you want to use the Winkeyer on the Radio you have to use Com 7 in your case.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Hi Mike, The internal Winkey, COM 7, works perfectly. Thank you for your clear explanation.

73, Cees, PA3CVI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.