Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M no static ip option

In smart sdr for my 6400m why isn't there an option to use a static ip address?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

No, there is not.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the reason is the Radio needs 2 IP's from the router not just one like the Non M radio's, One for the Radio it self and one for the front panel and so it is much better to use DHCP which in effect keep the Radio and the front panel on the same subnet.

If by chance a user set the IP of one or the other on a different subnet then that I would think brick the radio and flex would have to have the radio back for repair.

This is just my guess but it could happen and this is why it is much better if you set the router's DHCP server to always hand out the correct IP address to the radio that needs the port forwarding done.

• Ross Slater
    Ross Slater Member ✭✭

Thank you..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.